Workforce Training & Development Intern at Per Scholas | ColumbusExpires December 31, 2012
Are you interested in gaining practical experience in non-profit administration and management; adult workforce training, development, and education; and/or fundraising and donor development? Then Per Scholas | Columbus has an outstanding opportunity for you.
Per Scholas is a non-profit training provider that changes lives through IT careers. We offer training that leads to A+ certification and entry-level employment in IT occupations for unemployed or underemployed adults. Our proven approach to workforce training has outstanding outcomes for graduates. Through our training, these adults learn practical new skills, earn certification that demonstrate their proficiency, and gain employment in a stable and growing industry sector.
Per Scholas recently launched a training center in Columbus. Read more about Per Scholas’ national expansion in this recent article on Huffington Post.
Per Scholas | Columbus currently seeks candidates interested in an internship with our team. The selected candidate will be immersed in a variety of tasks and related projects in support of Per Scholas’ training operations, including:
- Assisting with recruiting new participants for upcoming training classes
- Participating in all aspects of enrollment process
- Attending networking events and assisting with public relations and donor development
- Attending meetings and assisting with presentations
- Marketing (local grassroots social media and marketing that supports recruiting--using video, blogs, etc.)
- Providing general administrative support (i.e., answering phones, welcoming guests, database management, etc.)
In addition to the above listed responsibilities, the Intern will be afforded extraordinary access to the local non-profit and business community. This will be accomplished via direct access to Per Scholas’ managing director. The Intern will accompany the director to both internal and external meetings and events.
The right candidate will have a strong mix of hard and soft-skills, including:
· Proficiency with both Google and Microsoft Office
· Basic marketing concepts
· Effective written and verbal communication
· Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
· Comfortable in a self-directed work environment; action-oriented, results-driven
This unpaid internship reports directly to Per Scholas’ workforce development coordinator, and will take place at Per Scholas’ offices, 112 Jefferson Avenue in downtown Columbus. On-site free parking is available. This is an immediate opportunity and we are seeking candidates that can work a minimum of 10-15 hours each week for a minimum commitment of 8 to ten weeks. The weekly work schedule is flexible and can be developed around candidate availability.Sound like the opportunity for you? Send an email with your resume and a well-crafted cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a Part-time internship offered for a term of 3 to 4 Months